Tuesday, January 24, 2012

ChessJuice.com started!

Welcome to the ChessJuice.com developer blog! You can follow my progress here to know exactly when the app is available, and if you're a fellow developer I'll also be posting any tips and tricks I learn along the way.

First, what is this app? Check http://www.ChessJuice.com for details, but basically it's an HTML5 webapp for playing chess online, but not "live". It's like the old-school correspondance chess - you make a move when it is convenient for you, and your opponent will do the same. Moves do have timeouts, with the default being 2 days.

With that out of the way, why on Earth am I doing this? I started as a user of the Android app Chess Buddies, and you can find me there as twinfeats. Man, does that app have a lot of bugs, and the server side has a lot of performance issues. So there's your answer - I want to build a better mousetrap. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment