Sunday, January 29, 2012

More screenshots

Here are a couple of screenshots of the progress so far. The top one shows a landscape mode screenshot from Chrome, the bottom a portrait mode screenshot from Android. To avoid accidental actions, I'm putting the game actions (resign, draw, confirm, cancel) into a dropdown so that you have to select the option then hit OK to perform it. Other actions will also be in this dropdown (like player stats) to conserve screen space.

Chrome Screenshot:

Android Screenshot

Notice in this screenshot that the board isn't quite the whole width of the screen. I'm not sure what is causing this yet, and it only seem to happen at random on the first page load - if I hit refresh then it fixes itself and takes the whole screen width. Must be a timing issue somewhere, but the load is all done in the jQuery ready method, so I'm not sure what it is exactly related to. I thought it might be related to the fact that the images may not be fully loaded when I go through the computations, but I would hope that the browser would show the images at the size I assign at runtime even if they were not fully loaded. I might try not generating the board until after the images have loaded to see if that makes a difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment